- Get Chores Done Early so you can…
- Visit elderly relative or someone you take care of
- Order books through the public library and read, read, read
- Develop an interest you can pursue right in your home (Reading? Blogging? Research? Cooking? Music?
- Get “I’m Bored” out of your vocabulary if it exists. There is nothing wrong with being alone, living alone or just being idle sometimes.
- Watch a movie
- Listen to a really good radio station and radio programs such as WNYC in NYC 93.9FM (or 820AM) which carries NPR and The Leonard Lopate show or great folk music on Fordham University’s station WFUV 90.7FM
- S-T-R-E-T-C-H, Exercise as best as you can, Inhale/Exhale
I guess I am lucky that I inherited from my 89 year old mom the gift of not feeling bored or the need to be surrounded all the time by people. It’s a blessing. Thank you, Mom!